Friday 17 June 2011

Your'e a Doll

I love puns especcialy when it comes to cards, that what is what inspired me to make the following cards

the "doll" was cat at 3' and the paper is from Basic Grey (one of my favorite brands) Indian Summer line, and  I added gems to two of the corners.

A lot of Cricut cuts have score lines, if you have any of the software you can edit those out.  I often trace them to highlight details, for her I traced her eyes and mouth.

The sentiment was cut at 1 1/4 and shadowed.  It's hard to tell in the photos but the top layer is glittery, I used Sookwang tape and burgundy Glitter Ritz so I could customize it.  Sookwang is a SUPER sticky tape that you can get in rolls as small as 1/4 inch or as thick as 4 1/2 inches, you cal also buy it in sheets.  Any sheet adhesive would work, all you do is adhered one side to your card-stock (it doesn't matter what color you use unless your glitter is clear) the Cricut will cut it but you have to use one of the Cricut Deep Cutting blade, at a medium pressure and a slower speed.  Once your letters are cut peel off the top layer of backing and add your glitter.
I made a similar version for my boy-friend Dan, the night is cut at 4', his lance is cut at 2' and the dragon is also cut at 2.  I used a metallic paper so his Armour would look "real", the background paper is by Karen Foster, and the stamp is by Inkadinkado and I stamped it using Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.

1 comment: