Friday 10 June 2011

Baby Frames

On Wednesday I showed you a mobile I made for my Nephew.  Along with the mobile I also made matching frames, also cut with Animal Kingdom. The animals are at 3 inches using the "head" option.



The paper is all from DCWV's Nana's Nursery: Baby Boy and the Frames are from Michael’s.  If you watch Michael’s sales you can find the frames for 1.50.  A few years ago I did the same thing but used Christmas paper and cuts.  I made 17 frames for all the girls a worked with and it cost about 30-35$.
There are two different ways to cut the paper for your frames.  The first is to trace the shape of your frame on the back of your paper with a mechanical pencil (these work the best because they have a fine lead and you can get closer to the frame.)  The second option (which is what I do) is to glue my frame to my paper and cut it out with an exacto knife, I find it gives me a better cut.  Once I had my paper cut and glued down, I sanded the edges to remove any excess paper, and chalked the edges just to make it look pretty.
I used liquid glue, and rolled over the entire frame with a brayer (sort-of like a mini rolling pin).  Using the brayer helps the glue adhere really well it also helps get rid of any air bubbles.  I also added some sookwang tape at the corners to give them a little help staying down.
This is a 12x12 Frame and was super easy to do, no cutting necessary! The journaling box is from "Joys of the Season" and was cut at 51/2 using the frame option.  I added some light green gems to the box to add some sparkle.  In a few weeks I will posting another variation of this same technique but I need to meet my new nephew first

No comments:

Post a Comment