Thursday 16 June 2011

Celebrate with Style

Good news! I called Provo Craft today and they are sending me out a new cord for my gypsy and it should arrive late next week, assuming the Canada Post lock-out doesn't last that long I should be posting new projects soon ( I can't wait, my head is just bursting with new ideas!)

Now on to the crafts! I have noticed a big trend in handmade cards: shaped cards!  There is a way you can make them with your Cricut using a gypsy, design studio or the new Cricut Craft room and I will show how to do it that way soon but for now I wanted to show a much esier way.

I cut that hat, shadow and layers at 7' (it measures about 7x4 1/2 when finished) I cut two of the pom-poms to add some extra colour.  The "celebrate" was cut at 1 1/2.
I used a brad to secure it, and allow for motion.  this type of card can be done with multiple images, as long as it has a center point to attach.  For those of you who don't have a Cricut trace a template onto the back of your paper and then cut it out, use a sticker (cover any exposed sticker with baby powder after you adhere it to keep it from sticking to anything else) or other embellishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment