Monday 13 June 2011

na-na-na-na-na-na Batman!

I am having an issue with my new Cricut Gypsy, the cable that connects my Gypsy to my Cricut is not working.  So while I am waiting for a new one to arrive I am going to post some older projects that I have made.

My boyfriend and I are huge Batman nerds (we are going to name our first born son Bruce Wayne) so when I saw the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartridge I knew I had to have it!


The cut is Batman 7 and I cut all the layers and the shadow at 3 1/2 I used a deep red for the shadow to create some contrast and cut the Layers in shades of blue.  I didn't like the grey card-stock I had so I cut the grey parts in white and chalked it.


The base is 5x7 in navy and I made it a pop-up card just to make it special, the striped piece was cut at 4.75x 6.75.
To make the card I cut at 5x7 piece to mat the patterned paper on, then I cut a piece in the same color at 7x10 and scored it at 5, and 7 inches.  It took me a while to decide on the angle I liked but once I found it I places a brad in the middle of the base to keep the card up-right.  When the card is flat it measures 5x7 and will fit in a standard 5x7 envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment